Saturday, March 04, 2006

Saying "NO"

My computer came home yesterday after 5 days with my uncle. It couldn't save a single document because something in the registry changed and it couldn't detect my Windows XP properly.

It's also more stable now, which I am really grateful for. Before that it kept restarting on its own, especially whenever I talk to my dear ones in Brissy #%&!%#*!@*%!

Recently also, I feel extremely washed out. I feel like I've been burdened down with the many expectations of others recently. It's not just the expectation to do well in my studies.

I noticed that many people perceive me as having plenty of time on my hands. It shows in their little comments and remarks. It also shows when they push certain responsibilities on me.

And the perfectionist in me will aggravate things by taking the extra work on anyway.

I've decided I must learn how to say NO.

I guess it is because moving back here has placed me back squarely in the middle of everyone's busy lives and they think nothing of their demands because "So what are you doing now? What?! No job? Study only?!"

Study only. I wish.

Don't forget apart from taking a full load of study I am looking for a part-time job. Don't forget I still have my share of housework. Don't forget I have to care for my dad and that involves cooking.

The funny thing about people here now, is that they seem to think cooking consists of buying and then reheating packed food. That was what someone mentioned to me when I mentioned "I've to go home and cook". "Oh so you going to tapow for your dad ah? Easy right? Later use microwave.. reheat....."

I'm sure you can imagine my expression.


- 4 March 2006 1:49pm -

No comments: